The skin under the arms may become darker in color than the rest of the body. Keep reading to know more about the causes of dark underarms and home remedies to lighten underarms effectively.
Common causes of dark underarms
Many factors may darken your underarms. Here are some common causes.
(1) Skin irritation caused by applying chemical deodorants and antiperspirants
(2) Skin irritation and abrasion caused by shaving
(3) Dead skin cells build up due to a lack of exfoliation
(4) Fiction caused by wearing tight clothes
(6) Dark patches on the skin or melasma
(7) Smoking may increase hyperpigmentation
(8) Skin disorders like acanthosis nigricansa, erythrasma, Addison’s disease, etc.
Home remedies for dark underarms
You are suggested to use these items with natural bleaching properties for underarm lightening.
Squeeze the juice from the grated potato and apply it to your underarms for 10 minutes. Then, rinse your underarms with cool water.
Cut thick lemon slices and rub the slices on your underarms for 10 minutes. Then, rinse your underarms with cool water, pat dry, and apply a moisturizer.
Massage a few drops of coconut oil onto your underarms for 15 minutes. Wash your underarms with lukewarm water and a gentle body wash afterward.
Tea tree oil
Mix 5 drops of tea tree oil with 8 ounces of water in a spray bottle. Spray on your underarms every day after the shower/bath.